Choosing the Right Criminal and Federal Defense Lawyer
Texas DWI laws are both political and complex. Moreover, since the laws change so often and the consequences of even a first conviction are so severe, finding a lawyer for DWI or a DUI criminal defense case who is experienced at handling DWI, Drunk Driving, Driving While Intoxicated cases should be your top priority.
If you’ve never been through this before you probably don’t know where to begin in your search for a lawyer. Further, not knowing what to look for in a Texas DWI criminal defense lawyer makes the challenge of finding the right lawyer even more difficult. You’ll need to find an experienced, competent defense lawyer who can explore factual and legal defenses, review your case for defects, move to suppress evidence, compel discovery of such things as calibration and maintenance records of the breath machine, negotiate for a reduction in charges, obtain expert witnesses for trial, protect your driving privileges and safeguard your constitutional rights.
Above all else you should attempt to retain an attorney who devotes the vast majority of his or her practice to the defense of DWI / DUI cases. No attorney can give you a guarantee on the outcome of your case; however, retaining a firm that emphasizes DWI defense will maximize the chances of a successful conclusion. If you do not have a sense of comfort and confidence after meeting with an attorney about your case you should look further.
- Does the attorney or law firm have extensive experience in DWI / DUI pretrial investigation and litigation?
- Does the attorney or law firm have a reputation for going to trial or for pleading cases guilty?
- Do you feel a strong sense of confidence in the lawyer’s or law firm’s ability to professionally handle your case, and do you feel comfortable with the manner in which the lawyer communicates with you? Does the lawyer seem genuinely interested in you and your case?
- Is the financial arrangement clearly defined?
Questions you should ask to find the best DWI Defense Lawyer for your case:
- What part of your practice is dedicated to defending DWI cases?
- How many DWI cases have you handled?
- How many of your cases plead guilty as charged?
- Are you affiliated with the National College for DUI Defense?
- What other organizations do you belong to that advocate aggressive DWI defense?
- Are you familiar with the CMI Intoxilizer 5000 breath machine used in Texas?
- Have you completed training on the proper use of the CMI Intoxilizer 5000 breath machine?
- Do you own a CMI Intoxilizer 5000 breath machine?
- Have you completed training on the proper administration of Standardized
- Field Sobriety Tests?
- Will you handle my license suspension case in addition to the DWI charge?
- Do you regularly appear in the court in which I’m charged?
- Will the lawyer I hire be the lawyer who actually handles my case? In other words, does the lawyer go to court, or will one of his employees handle my case.
- What will it cost to get a good lawyer?
Please call 915-541-6006 to speak with an attorney that can help you now. Because each case is different and special, I offer a free initial consultation. To assist you financially in paying any attorney fees, I offer flat rate fees and flexible payment plans that will allow you to hire me as your criminal defense lawyer so that I can start immediately to protect your rights.
Why the Law Offices of Sergio A. Saldivar?
We understand that bad things can happen to good people. We fight for clients’ rights, in and out of court, to achieve the best possible results on their behalf.
Standing as the Voice of Reason to Protect and Defend the Accused
If you have been arrested for any criminal charge in Texas, make sure you have an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side. Consider the dedication of the criminal law lawyers at the Houston, Texas, law firm of Stradley, Chernoff & Alford, expressed in our mission statement below. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.
You Need an Experienced Attorney to Protect Your Rights
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Sergio A. Saldivar, will capably guide you through your legal troubles related to a criminal arrest. Contact a criminal law lawyer in El Paso and Houston, Texas, regarding any criminal charges, including assault and violent family crimes, DWI/DUI, sex offenses, theft and property crimes, juvenile offenses, drug charges, and probation and parole violations. If you have been arrested or charged with any crime in Texas, contact us.
At the El Paso and Houston Law Offices of Sergio A. Saldivar, we are known for our willingness to accept tough cases and fight hard for our clients' rights and freedom.
Attorney Sergio A. Saldivar represent clients in plea negotiations, criminal trials, and appeals of state or federal crimes anywhere in Texas.
To schedule a free consultation to ask questions your DWI charges contact the Law Offices of Sergio A. Saldivar.